Wendy Ho (Associate)
Wendy graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the University of Leeds in 2018 and completed her Certificate in Legal Practice (CLP) in 2019.
She commenced her pupillage under the guidance of Richard Wee in 2020. Wendy was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in January 2021.
Amongst the area of law that Wendy has experience in, includes general litigation and dispute resolution, corporate drafting and advisory, company law, contract law, employment law, fintech law, Sports law, Esports law, defamation, probate & administration, and Will writing.
Having developed her interest in music at a young age, Wendy is a certified pianist and violinist. She is also a coffee-lover and spends time out of work with her family and friends.
- Assisted Partner in a full trial for a defamation suit at the Sessions Court by drafting of pleadings, pre-trial documents and post-trial submissions, and preparation of witness.
- Brought a claim for refund of deposits at the Sessions Court, including attending a mediation session and drafting of pleadings and pre-trial documents.
- Defended a claim for debts due and owing by an individual at the Magistrates Court, negotiating settlement, and recording a Consent Judgment.
- Defended a claim for unpaid invoices on sale and purchase of fragrances at the Sessions Court which includes an application for summary judgment.
- Appealed to the High Court and Court of Appeal against decisions granted for various interlocutory applications, inter alia, amendment of pleadings, injunction, stay of execution.
- Attended case managements.
- Drafted various notices of application, affidavits in support as well as notices of appeal.
- Conducted a legal due diligence exercise pursuant to acquisition of twenty per centum (20%) of the target company and drafted the legal due diligence report.
- Notable drafting experiences:
- Drafted a Sub-Lease cum Development Agreement for the redevelopment, operation, management and maintenance of a piece of government-owned land as a sports complex.
- Drafted a Procurement Agreement for a company in the oil and gas industry to procure vendors, suppliers or contractors. Subsequently participated in a contract awareness training and contract form challenge session with various departments of the company.
- Drafted a Master Licensing Agreement for a courier and shipping company encompassing four (4) different business models, company of which currently has various stores nationwide.
- Drafted Terms of Service, Nomination Agreement as well as Onboarding Agreement for a company operating a mobile application for the writing of digital wills, with emphasis placed on inheritance of e-money, cryptocurrencies and digital tokens.
- Drafted a Sale and Purchase of Business Agreement for an Esports company purchasing an Esports team for a well-known mobile game.
- Drafted an agreement for an Australian based company desirous of launching an application for rental cars.
- Drafted a Licensing Agreement for an English professional football club.
- Drafted various other agreements and documents, which includes, inter alia, Share Subscription Agreements, Share Sale and Purchase Agreements, Shareholders’ Agreements, Supplementary Shareholders’ Agreements, Joint Venture Agreements, Collaboration Agreements, Employment Agreements, Consultancy Services Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Term Sheets for acquisition of equity in companies, Insider Trading Policy and Memorandum of Understanding.
- Reviewed and provided comments on various agreements and documents, which includes, inter alia, Trust Deed, Tenancy Agreements, Lease Agreements, sports related Sponsorship Agreements, Teaming Agreements, Reseller Service Agreements, Insurance Agreements, Software Licensing and Maintenance Agreements, Outsourcing Agreements, Merchant Services Agreements, Independent Contractor Agreements, Company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association, Share Transfer Forms, Insurance Policies, Letter of Guarantee and Indemnity.
- Advised a digital insurance company on the legality of a financial assistance program.
- Advised a personal care and beauty product company on the legality of Buy Now Pay Later in Malaysia.
- Advised an engineering company on the passing of shareholders’ resolution and company law matters.
- Advised a fintech startup company on Employee Share Option Scheme (ESOS).
- Advised several fintech startup companies on the Financial Services Act 2013, as well as laws and regulations pertaining to e-money under the Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) Fintech Booster Program.
- Advised on the choice of law and issues of territorial jurisdiction pertaining to contracts.
- Conducted preliminary legal due diligence for a company desirous of entering into a financing agreement.