Wendy Ho (Associate)
Wendy graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the University of Leeds in 2018 and completed her Certificate in Legal Practice (CLP) in 2019.
She commenced her pupillage under the guidance of Richard Wee in 2020. Wendy was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in January 2021.
Amongst the area of law that Wendy has experience in, includes general litigation and dispute resolution, corporate drafting and advisory, company law, contract law, employment law, fintech law, Sports law, Esports law, defamation, probate & administration, and Will writing.
Having developed her interest in music at a young age, Wendy is a certified pianist and violinist. She is also a coffee-lover and spends time out of work with her family and friends.
- Applying to Court for an interlocutory injunction, High Court
- Bringing a claim for refund of deposits, Sessions Court
- Representing a company on a shareholders’ dispute, Sessions Court
- Representing an individual in a defamation suit, Sessions Court
- Drafting of Sale and Purchase Agreements and Tripartite Agreements for international trading
- Drafting of Supplementary Shareholders Agreement
- Assisted in the drafting of Master Licensing Agreements, Licensing Agreements, and Commercialisation Agreements
- Assisted in the drafting of Terms of Service for several Fintech startup companies
- Reviewed Share-Sale Agreements, Shareholders Agreements, Collaboration Agreements, Joint Venture Agreements, Trust Deed, Tenancy Agreements, Lease Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Memorandums of Understanding
- Handling of tender exercise for bidding of legal work with various government agencies of Malaysia
- Renewal of business licence with the Municipal Council
- Advising an insurance broking company on insurance broking laws and regulations
- Advising a sports organization on their constitution and matters pertaining to conversion of land use
- Advising a governmental sports agency on data sharing and the Personal Data Protection Act 2010
- Advising a governmental sports agency on the interpretation of their Act, matters pertaining to transfer of shares, and the extension of Service Agreements
- Advising on the company’s director’s resolution and personal guarantee
- Advising a fintech startup company on moneylending law
- Advising several fintech startup companies on the Financial Services Act 2013, as well as laws and regulations pertaining to e-money
- Advising foreign companies on the registration of a subsidiary or a branch in Malaysia
- Advising a company on the Anti-Money Laundering Act 2010
- Conducting due diligence and verification for a company prior to execution of relevant agreements