Saphna Ravichandran (Associate)
Saphna graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the University of Liverpool in 2016 and was called to the Bar of England and Wales in 2017. She commenced her pupillage in MahWengKwai & Associates under the guidance of Mr. Richard Wee. Saphna was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in December 2018. She has a great interest in sports and is an ardent golfer.
She continues her practice at Messrs Richard Wee Chambers and her passion for sports drove her towards a career in sports and at this moment, she provides advisory and dispute resolution services for matters including in sports, general litigation and corporate.
July 2019 – Present Associate, Richard Wee Chambers
2018 – June 2019 Associate, MahWengKwai & Associates
2018 – Called to the Malaysian Bar
2018 – Pupil, Messrs MahWengKwai & Associates
2017 – Called to the English Bar
2015 – Attachment Student, Messrs SeahBalanRavi & Co.
2017 – Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC), Middle Temple.
2016 – Bachelor of Laws (Hons) University of Liverpool
- Disputes arising from breach of contract, Sessions Court, High Court and Court of Appeal
- Debt recovery against companies and individuals, Sessions Court and High Court
- Commenced winding up proceedings against companies, High Court and Court of Appeal
- Commenced bankruptcy proceedings against an individual, High Court
Claim against doctor and hospital for medical negligence, Sessions Court.
- Drafting of Company’s Constitution
- Assisted in drafting a Collaboration Agreement involving a government agency and a private company
- Assisted in the drafting of a Joint Venture Agreement on behalf of a government Agency
- Assisted in drafting a License Agreement for sportswear and equipment
- Assisted in reviewing and drafting a Facility License Agreement between a government agency and an event company.
- Drafting a sports agreement between a sports association and an event organising company
Application for foreigner consent for the transfer of property
- Digital Streaming, Snuffing the Life Out of Live Sports on TV, Awani Review, 3 December 2018
- Governance in E-Sports – A Void The Needs To Be Filled, The Law Review 2018, 4th Issue
- Governance in eSports – a void that needs to be filled, World Sports Advocate, October 2018