Marlysa Razak (Partner)
Marlysa Razak graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the University Teknologi MARA (UiTM) in 2015 and is currently a Partner at RWC.
2020 – Partner, Richard Wee Chambers.
2019 – Partner, Richard Wee Chambers.
2016 – Associate, MahWengKwai & Associates.
2016 – Associate, Richard Wee & Yip.
2015 – Pupil-in-Chambers, Richard Wee & Yip.
2013 – Attachment Student, Hafarizam, Wan & Aisha Mubarak.
2015 – Bachelor of Laws (Hons) (Universiti Teknologi MARA, UiTM) (Honours Second Class Upper).
2014 – Bachelor in Legal Studies (Hons) (Universiti Teknology MARA, UiTM) (Honours Second Class Upper).
Highlights of litigation and corporate experience
- Judicial review against the State of Negeri Sembilan Darul Khusus’s decision on
acquisition of land in Port Dickson, Federal Court.
- Judicial review against decision of a Housing Tribunal, High Court.
- Resisting a claim for setting aside of Judgment in Default, Court of Appeal.
- Defending a claim for setting aside of Consent Judgment, Court of Appeal.
- Resisting a claim for stay of execution, High Court.
- Conducting and applying for a stay of winding up order, Court of Appeal.
- Resisting a Winding Up Petition, High Court and Court of Appeal.
- Conducting and filing Bankruptcy Proceeding and a Winding Up Petition, High Court.
- Disputes between Employee and Main-Contractor as well as between
Main-Contractor and Sub-Contractor.
- Resisting a counter-claim for damaged and loss goods, High Court.
- Acted for Company in an Unfair Dismissal trial, Industrial Court.
- Claim for accident and personal injury matters.
- Claim against tenant for non-payment of rent and double rental, Session Court.
- Recovery of outstanding debts for goods and services delivered, Magistrates Court,
Sessions Court and High Court.
- Represented clients in CIPAA Proceedings, as Claimant and Respondent.
- Represented Developers in trespass of land and construction disputes at the High
Court and Sessions Court.
- Provided advisory service to Developers and Employers in non-payment matters and
other construction matters.
- Application of Letter of Administration and defending against caveat lodged on the estate of the deceased, High Court.
- Review of a Player-Agent contract.
- Joint venture agreement between a waste management provider from Finland with a Malaysian partner.
- Drafting of contracts to purchase licensing rights for waste management apparatus and technology transfer rights from South Korea.
- Advising a China law firm of Malaysia’s Marine and Freight Laws.
- Takeover and acquisition of a Malaysian deep sea fishing company in Sandakan, by a South Korean enterprise.
- Buy-over and merger of an airfreight company and logistics company in Malaysia.
- The liquidation of a Singapore-owned technology company based in Malaysia.
- Novation of debts and liabilities between Directors.
- Establishment of a society of a football fan club.
- Drafting and advising on Master Licensing Agreement and Sub-Licensing Agreement for a courier service company.
- Advising on Franchise Law in Malaysia to a logistics company.
- Drafting of a Collaboration contract between Fintech companies.
- Reviewing Terms of Service of a Fintech company.
- Drafting and Reviewing contracts and term sheets between startup companies and venture capitalists.
- Reviewing and Drafting Non-Disclosure Agreements.
- Providing legal advice to fintech companies on regulations and laws of Malaysia.
- Short-Term Rentals: Power to enact House Rules as decided in the case of Verve
Suites Mont’ Kiara Management Corporation
- Supply Chain Logistics 101
- Travel Bubble
- Hotel’s Bad Service – Can I Check-Out Early and Can I Get a Refund? Tourism &
- Theme Park – Liability If A Visitor Contracts COVID-19 During Visit
- Coronavirus & Travel Insurance
- Should Short-Term Rental Accommodation be regulated?
- Tourism & Hospitality Law: Introduction to Tourism & Hospitality Law
- Vessel #1 ; The “Lingo” of Shipping Law
- To Drone or Not to Drone?
- 4 Challenges of Litigation from a Layperson’s Perspective
- A-B-C of CAS published by the Kuala Lumpur Regional Center for Arbitration
- Introduction to Tourism & Hospitality Laws at the Kuala Lumpur Bar Committee
- Impact of Covid-19 on Travel and Tourism Stakeholders – a Webinar by Brickfields’ Asia College
- “Travel Bubble” a Webinar by RWC
- A Panelist at the “Meet in Malaysia @ Malaysia Business Events Week 2020”
- Successfully launched the Tourism & Hospitality Law practice area and is now partner in charge at RWC of that area of law.