Marlysa Razak (Partner)
Marlysa Razak graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the University Teknologi MARA (UiTM) in 2015.
She read in the Chambers of Messrs Richard Wee & Yip and was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in January 2016. She commenced her practice there as an Associate before later moving to Messrs. MahWengKwai & Associates in October 2016. She is currently a Partner at RWC.
Marlysa’s primary areas of practice are general litigation, corporate & commercial litigation, contractual disputes, tortious actions, tenancy disputes, and wills, probate & administration of estates.
Marlysa completes the RWC partnership with her distinctive flair, enthusiasm and can-do spirit. Marlysa has a knack for identifying new and interesting areas of practice and is currently managing RWC’s Tourism and Hospitality Law practice. She
is equally comfortable in the area of Transport, Trade and Logistics. Marlysa aims to develop herself in becoming a reputable and well-versed advocate in these areas.
Outside RWC, Marlysa spents much time with her family and friends. She is well known for her love of travelling and even successfully formed a popular travel blog called ‘48HourWander’.
2019 – Partner, Richard Wee Chambers.
2016 – Associate, MahWengKwai & Associates.
2016 – Associate, Richard Wee & Yip.
2015 – Pupil-in-Chambers, Richard Wee & Yip.
2013 – Attachment Student, Hafarizam, Wan & Aisha Mubarak.
2015 – Bachelor of Laws (Hons) (Universiti Teknologi MARA, UiTM) (Honours Second Class Upper).
2014 – Bachelor in Legal Studies (Hons) (Universiti Teknology MARA, UiTM) (Honours Second Class Upper).
Highlights of litigation and corporate experience
- Judicial review against the State of Negeri Sembilan Darul Khusus’s decision on acquisition of land in Port Dickson, Federal Court.
- Resisting a claim for setting aside of judgment in Default, Court of Appeal.
- Defending a claim for setting aside of Consent Judgment, High Court.
- Resisting a claim for stay of execution, High Court
- Claim against tenant for non-payment of rent and double rental, Session Court.
- Recovery of outstanding debts for goods and services delivered, Magistrates Court, Sessions Court and High Court.
- Application of Letter of Administration and defending against caveat lodged on the estate of the deceased, High Court.
- Review of a Player-Agent contract
- Joint venture agreement between a waste management provider from Finland with a Malaysian partner.
- Drafting of contracts to purchase licencing rights for waste management apparatus from South Korea.
- Advising a China law firm of Malaysia’s Marine and Freight Laws.
- Takeover of a Malaysian deep sea fishing company at Sandakan, by a South Korean enterprise;
- Buy-over and merger of an airfreight company and logistics company.
- The liquidation of a Singapore-owned technology company based in Malaysia.
- A-B-C of CAS published by the Kuala Lumpur Regional Center for Arbitration.
Successfully launched the Tourism & Hospitality Law division at MahWengKwai & Associates and is now partner in charge at RWC of that area of law.