Fatin Ismail (Associate)
Fatin graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from the University Teknologi MARA (UiTM) in 2014.
She read in the Chambers of Messrs Ewe Chong & Khoo and commenced her pupillage under the guidance of Kenneth Khoo. Fatin was subsequently admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in October 2015.
Fatin subsequently became a Legal Editor in LexisNexis Malaysia Sdn Bhd for almost 5 years from March 2016-December 2020 where she worked on various products including the Malayan Law Journal Reports and Articles, Essential Reference series and multiple Artificial Intelligence projects. She was also a member of the Future Leadership Team.
She then decided to return to the legal fraternity and joined RWC as an Associate in January 2021.
Outside RWC, Fatin is a passionate environmentalist and believes that big changes to the environment have to begin with each individual.
2021-Present – Associate, Messrs Richard Wee Chambers
2016-2020 – Legal Editor, LexisNexis Malaysia Sdn Bhd
2015 – Called to the Malaysian Bar
2014 – Pupil in Chambers, Messrs Ewe Chong & Khoo
- Edited Malayan Law Journal Reports and Articles
- Prepared head notes/case digests for Malayan Law Journal
- Worked on Artificial Intelligence testing for Recommended Cases, the first case recommendation tool in the world on Lexis Advance
- Worked on Artificial Intelligence testing for Lexis Analytics Malaysia
- Worked on Penang State Enactment
- Edited Essential Reference Series
- Handling class action litigation
- Drafting Agreements including conveyancing, franchise and other general agreements
- Handling Probate matters including drafting Wills
- Advisory and drafting regulatory matters for government agencies, including drafting by-laws and policy papers.
- Applying to Court for an interlocutory injunction, High Court
- Bringing a claim for refund of deposits, Sessions Court
- Representing a company on a shareholders’ dispute, Sessions Court
- Representing an individual in a defamation suit, Sessions Court
- Drafting of Sale and Purchase Agreements and Tripartite Agreements for international trading
- Drafting of Supplementary Shareholders Agreement
- Assisted in the drafting of Master Licensing Agreements, Licensing Agreements, and Commercialisation Agreements
- Assisted in the drafting of Terms of Service for several Fintech startup companies
- Reviewed Share-Sale Agreements, Shareholders Agreements, Collaboration Agreements, Joint Venture Agreements, Trust Deed, Tenancy Agreements, Lease Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Memorandums of Understanding
- Handling of tender exercise for bidding of legal work with various government agencies of Malaysia
- Renewal of business licence with the Municipal Council
- Advising an insurance broking company on insurance broking laws and regulations
- Advising a sports organization on their constitution and matters pertaining to conversion of land use
- Advising a governmental sports agency on data sharing and the Personal Data Protection Act 2010
- Advising a governmental sports agency on the interpretation of their Act, matters pertaining to transfer of shares, and the extension of Service Agreements
- Advising on the company’s director’s resolution and personal guarantee
- Advising a fintech startup company on moneylending law
- Advising several fintech startup companies on the Financial Services Act 2013, as well as laws and regulations pertaining to e-money
- Advising foreign companies on the registration of a subsidiary or a branch in Malaysia
- Advising a company on the Anti-Money Laundering Act 2010
- Conducting due diligence and verification for a company prior to execution of relevant agreements