RWC : CORPORATE DEALS, PROPERTY TRANSACTIONS and REPORTED CASES
Over the years, the lawyers of RWC have collectively or individually been engaged to handle government-related work, corporate deals, litigation cases and property transactions.
Having worked with Government Agencies and Government Statutory Bodies, we have the experience to handle government-related work. Amongst the recent work we have been engaged in, includes :-
- Assisting the Federal Government (on pro-bono basis) to offer advice and comments on the blueprint for esports in Malaysia.
- Drafting enactments for Stadium management.
- Drafting rules and regulations for esports for a State Government.
- Assist a State Government to form a special esports Tribunal, based on the model of the Court of Arbitration of Sports at Lausanne.
- The re-naming of Putra Stadium to the Axiata Arena Stadium at Kuala Lumpur Sports City for the Stadium Board of Malaysia.
- Co-branding and sponsorship of international and local brands for selected location and sections at the National Stadium at Bukit Jalil, for the Stadium Board of Malaysia.
- Corporatisation of the National Sports Institute.
- Licensing and Joint venture agreements for trademarks, belonging to a Government Statutory body
- Revamp and redrafting of the High Performance Elite Athlete’s Contracts for Malaysia’s Podium Programme.
Other than government-related work, we have been engaged in numerous corporate matters, which includes :-
- Joint venture agreement between a waste management provider from Finland with a Malaysian partner.
- Drafting of contracts to purchase licencing rights for waste management apparatus from South Korea.
- Corporate advisory to establish a company in Malaysia, by foreign entities and/or companies.
- Advising a China law firm of Malaysia’s Marine and Freight Laws.
- Contracts and advisory for professional esports teams, tournaments and Associations.
- Formation of the Malaysia Esports Players Association (MESPA).
- Formation of numerous other Societies, Associations & Clubs.
- Advisory, contracts and government regulations towards establishing a Sports University.
- Advisory, contracts and government regulations for a proposed cargo airport in Malaysia.
- Takeover of a Malaysian deep sea fishing company at Sandakan, by a South Korean enterprise.
- Buy-over and merger of an airfreight company and logistics company.
- The liquidation of a Singapore-owned technology company based in Malaysia, and.
- The liquidation of a Singapore-owned restaurant, based in Malaysia.
Reported & unreported litigation cases
Our lawyers appear in numerous tribunals, including Arbitration, Mediation, Housing Tribunal, Industrial Court, Labour Court & tribunals for sports. We also appear in Courts on a weekly basis and have had cases reported in a few notable journals and law reports.
Here are some of the notable cases :-
- Muslifah binti Zulkifli, Nur Suryani binti Mohd Taibi, & Nur Ayuni Farhana Binti Abdul Halim v Institut Sukan Negara 
- Bina Puri Sdn Bhd v Jambulingam Sethuraman-Raki (c/o Rimbun Corporate Advisory Sdn Bhd)  MLJU 423 (High Court)
- Bina Puri Sdn Bhd v Jambulingam Sethuraman-Raki (c/o Rimbun Corporate Advisory Sdn Bhd)  8 MLJ 141,  MLJU 933 (High Court)
- Solicitor for the Bar Council at the Royal Commission of Inquiry 2011, investigating into the death of Teoh Beng Hock
- Death Inquest of Teoh Beng Hock [Inquest No: 88-10-2009] (Magistrate Court)
- Wan Othman bin Wan Ismail v Malene CSB Insurance Brokers Sdn Bhd  7 MLJ 425 /  1 LNS 1351 (High Court)
- NSW Submarine Cable Systems Sdn Bhd v Unisoft Sdn Bhd  1 LNS 1313 /  8 MLJ 121 (High Court)
- Norkhairi bin Mat Darus v Ketua Polis Negara and Ors  5 CLJ 483 /  MLJU 192(High Court)
- Maizatul Lina Mustapa v Winston Engineering Corp Sdn Bhd  2 LNS 1530 (Industrial Court)
- Metro Giant Group Sdn Bhd v Gala Sari Resources Sdn Bhd & Ors (No. 2)  7 MLJ 52 /  7 CLJ 579 (High Court)
- Centralite M & E Engineering Sdn Bhd v Wong Fui Han 2 LNS 0507 (Industrial Court)
- Standard Chartered Bank (Thailand) v Dato’ Matshah Safuan 3 CLJ 158 (High Court)
- PP v Ong Khaik Peng  1 LNS 219 (High Court)
- Tan Teck Hing & Anor v Lee Yong Kong & Anor  5 CLJ 400 (High Court)
- Public Prosecutor v Nee Siang Yee Kuala Lumpur High Court (Criminal) [45-29-2003]
Popularly known as Conveyancing in legal practice, our lawyers have been and continue to be appointed to carry out many property transaction deals. Common deals include sub-sale of properties, tenancy agreements, power of attorney and Property Developer transactions. Amongst our past experiences include :-
- Sale and purchase agreement of a land between a conglomerate from China and a large Malaysian property developer.
- Tenancy for shopping malls.
- Numerous Power of Attorney
- Schedule G & Schedule H sale and purchase agreements for property developers.