RWC : CORPORATE DEALS, PROPERTY TRANSACTIONS and REPORTED CASES
Over the years, the lawyers of RWC have collectively or individually been engaged to handle government-related work, corporate deals, litigation cases and property transactions.
Having worked with Government Agencies and Government Statutory Bodies, we have the experience to handle government regulatory work. Amongst the recent work we have been engaged in are:-
- Appointed by the Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) as the legal and regulatory partner for the Fintech Booster programme, a capacity-building project to assist budding Fintech Start-ups.
- Advising government agencies on matters related to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010.
- Advising, drafting and managing government policy papers for government agencies.
- Advising and drafting by-laws for government statutory agencies.
- Assisting the Federal Government (on pro-bono basis) to offer advice and comments on the blueprint for esports in Malaysia.
- Drafting enactments for Stadium management.
- Drafting rules and regulations for esports for a State Government.
- Assist a State Government to form a special esports Tribunal, based on the model of the Court of Arbitration of Sports at Lausanne.
- The re-naming of Putra Stadium to the Axiata Arena Stadium at Kuala Lumpur Sports City for the Stadium Board of Malaysia.
- Co-branding and sponsorship of international and local brands for selected locations and sections at the National Stadium at Bukit Jalil, for the Stadium Board of Malaysia.
- Corporatisation of the National Sports Institute.
- Licensing and joint venture agreements for trademarks belonging to a Government Statutory body.
- Revamp and redrafting of the High Performance Elite Athlete’s Contracts for Malaysia’s Podium Programme.
Other than government-related work, we have been engaged in numerous corporate matters, which includes:-
- Advising and acting for a licensed online insurance fintech company.
- Advising and acting for a fintech blockchain company.
- Advising and acting for cryptocurrencies and fintech start-ups.
- Joint venture agreement between a waste management provider from Finland with a Malaysian partner.
- Drafting of contracts to purchase licencing rights for waste management apparatus from South Korea.
- Corporate advisory to establish a company in Malaysia, by foreign entities and/or companies.
- Contracts and advisory for professional esports teams, tournaments and Associations.
- Formation of the Malaysia Esports Players Association (MESPA).
- Formation of numerous other Societies, Associations & Clubs.
- Advisory, contracts and government regulations towards establishing a Sports University.
- Advisory, contracts and government regulations for a proposed cargo airport in Malaysia.
- Takeover of a Malaysian deep sea fishing company at Sandakan, by a South Korean enterprise.
- Buy-over and merger of an airfreight company and logistics company.
Reported & unreported litigation cases
Our lawyers appear in numerous tribunals, including Arbitration, Mediation, Housing Tribunal, Industrial Court, Labour Court & tribunals for sports. We also appear in Courts on a weekly basis and have had cases reported in a few notable journals and law reports.
Here are some of the notable cases :-
- Muslifah bt Zulkifli dan lain-lain lwn Institut Sukan Negara  MLJU 2329
- Muslifah binti Zulkifli, Nur Suryani binti Mohd Taibi, & Nur Ayuni Farhana Binti Abdul Halim v Institut Sukan Negara 
- Bina Puri Sdn Bhd v Jambulingam Sethuraman-Raki (c/o Rimbun Corporate Advisory Sdn Bhd)  MLJU 423 (High Court)
- Bina Puri Sdn Bhd v Jambulingam Sethuraman-Raki (c/o Rimbun Corporate Advisory Sdn Bhd)  8 MLJ 141,  MLJU 933 (High Court)
- Solicitor for the Bar Council at the Royal Commission of Inquiry 2011, investigating into the death of Teoh Beng Hock
- Death Inquest of Teoh Beng Hock [Inquest No: 88-10-2009] (Magistrate Court)
- Wan Othman bin Wan Ismail v Malene CSB Insurance Brokers Sdn Bhd  7 MLJ 425 /  1 LNS 1351 (High Court)
- NSW Submarine Cable Systems Sdn Bhd v Unisoft Sdn Bhd  1 LNS 1313 /  8 MLJ 121 (High Court)
- Mohd. Norkhairi bin Mat Darus v Ketua Polis Negara and Ors  5 CLJ 483 /  MLJU 192 (High Court)
- Maizatul Lina Mustapa v Winston Engineering Corp Sdn Bhd  2 LNS 1530 (Industrial Court)
- Metro Giant Group Sdn Bhd v Gala Sari Resources Sdn Bhd & Ors (No. 2)  7 MLJ 52 /  7 CLJ 579 (High Court)
- Centralite M & E Engineering Sdn Bhd v Wong Fui Han  2 LNS 0507 (Industrial Court)
- Standard Chartered Bank (Thailand) v Dato’ Matshah Safuan  3 CLJ 158 (High Court)
- PP v Ong Khaik Peng  1 LNS 219 (High Court)
- Tan Teck Hing & Anor v Lee Yong Kong & Anor  5 CLJ 400 (High Court)
- Public Prosecutor v Nee Siang Yee Kuala Lumpur High Court (Criminal) [45-29- 2003]
Popularly known as Conveyancing in legal practice, our lawyers have been and continue to be appointed to carry out many property transaction deals. Common deals include sub-sale of properties, tenancy agreements, power of attorney and Property Developer transactions. Amongst our past experiences include :-
- Sale and purchase agreement of a land between a conglomerate from China and a large Malaysian property developer.
- Tenancy for shopping malls.
- Numerous Power of Attorney
- Schedule G & Schedule H sale and purchase agreements for property developers.